Saturday, August 25, 2007

Even tough gals have meltdowns or what appears to be the start of one

Well,

After three months of brave faces, feeling better about things, getting back to life as normal, WHAM a breakdown is on the horizon. It started after Hullby, our seven month lab had his terrible car accident earlier this week, this was just the breaking point if you will. I can't seem to shake the feeling of sadness, fierce anger, no patience, etc... yesterday or today. I even went to the gym yesterday after I showered which is of course a strange thing to do, I thought it would lift my spirits but guess what, that didn't even work.

Today is a new day, I got the bottom half of my house cleaned and the laundry caught up which is a feat in our home... and we are going to the beach today to visit with one of my daughters friends and watch them frolick in the surf!!! Watching a three year old and a six year old scream and laugh SHOULD do the trick...

Hopefully most of you girls are having better days than I am but what really matters is MOST of the time, I feel healthy, happy and grateful, it is just these times when I don't and I am sure you feel the same that seem like FOREVER... but know we are going to ebb and flow like we did pre cancer and like I am sure we will post cancer.

Reading through the nutrition part of the book and have my grocery list but most likely I will save that until tomorrow, another friend of mine referred me to Dr. Nixon, he is a nutritional oncologist, of course he was a medical oncologist for years but he has the same opionions almost to the herb as Kris has in her book, which makes me all the more motivated to get with the 80/20 or 70/30 program of greens and veggies VS. cooked food.

Tonight, crab cakes made with wheat Panco (a japanese breadcrumb) and LOTS of veggies, maybe just maybe a glass of really good pinot noir, Dr. Nixon tells me that my limit is four glasses a week, which is ok, in my twenties, that would have been a BIG deal with all the client dinners and endless dinner dates but now, it is fine.

Have a great Saturday everyone and know that when you are feeling blue, you are not alone,

Rina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rina Agriss Blair said...

Hi Michelle,

Can't believe tht we find each other like this!!! I remember you very well, Drea and I have fallen out of touch a few years ago, I think she is in Florida now. I am doing pretty well, this new treatment is not so bad, I just hope it works. Are you or someone you know going through this terrible disease. I sure hope not.

My email is rina@classicmeetings.com if you want to get in touch.

Love, Rina